I recognize Mid-week Things has sort of gone off the deep end. Wednesdays are probably the busiest day of my week and by the time I get home I am much too exhausted to blog.
Nat has football on Monday nights so I have free time to blog and nap and run and do whatever else I feel like doing.
1) Today I did what I know I shouldn’t have done. I started watching Downton Abbey. I know I should spend my time grading papers or planning, but this afternoon I needed something to watch that Nat wouldn’t really care if I started getting into. Since we got rid of cable I haven’t been watching much TV in the afternoons, but every now and then I need something to watch. So Downton Abbey it is!
2) I have quite a trouble maker puppy. Let me just list the things Avery has eaten or destroyed in the last two weeks: Home Alone and Brave DVDs, the garbage, the walls, the carpet, cotton balls, our football family picture from last year, wrapping paper, the bottom of a mattress, 2 books, socks, underwear, and some magnets.
Has anyone else had such a trouble maker puppy? We were trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and let her stay out of her kennel during the day, but it seems as if she isn’t old enough so back in the kennel she goes!
3) I ran 10 miles in 3 days this week (Well, week as in Saturday until today) I can’t tell you the last time I ran more than 4 miles in a week. I keep telling Nat I am going to get back in shape, and I have finally gotten myself together and decided to start running again. I am making small weekly goals to help myself get back in the swing of things before I set my sights on anything too large. My goal last week was to run 10 miles, which I did. This week I am hoping to run 12.
4) I have a very serious addiction to home made chex mix. Now this is a blog post waiting to happen, but homemade Chex Mix is something serious in my family and when I make it, I can’t stop eating it. Well, I made it on Sunday and now it is all I eat. I really need to watch out because I am going to have high blood pressure or be incredibly bloated for a month.
5) And last, but certainly not least: I am going to be an AUNT. This is the most exciting news I’ve had in awhile. My sister is pregnant, and I am so thrilled. I can’t wait to meet this new blessing to our family. Nat is prepared for our bank account to hurt, because I won’t be able to stop myself from spoiling my little niece or nephew. Bring on March!