1. Monday night I got to spend a little quality time with some of my best girlfriends. These three women were my best friends throughout (most) of college. Now we all live in different places and are going through different phases of life, but when we do get together it is like nothing has changed. Those types of friendships are a blessing. I feel like they are rare, and don’t happen with everyone. After living life so closely together for so long, it only makes sense that our bond is so close. We missed our fourth, though. I am learning how difficult it is, as an adult, to maintain friendships. College was easy- you are all on the same weird schedule, you have a lot of free time, and you usually live within 10 miles of each other. After college, however, it is work. You have to really be intentional and most of the time seeing each other is not convenient for at least one party. I am learning how important it is, though. These friendships from college are important because those girls saw me in some of the biggest changing stages of my life. They held me together through some pretty big things. Anyway, if you haven’t noticed, I’m a sap. I am always emotional and I don’t think I want to change.
2. I’ve been moseying around some blogs and I saw a really cool idea. I got the idea from Naptime diaries- Its called “analog weekends.” Basically, you decide that for a certain amount of time- I will say Friday night to Sunday night, you don’t put your life on the Internet. You get off facebook/instagram/twitter and really just live your life. I think I need this. I am a social media lover. I can’t help it, but at the same time, I need to take responsibility for it. I can get to the end of the day sometimes and wonder what the heck I spent my time doing. I need to actually be involved in my life rather than wondering what everybody else is doing/how I stack up to the rest of the world. With that being said, have you read this article? “Stop Instagramming your perfect life“So good. So convicting
3. Nat and I have been out of town so much lately that we decided to see a movie on a Tuesday. What a wild life we live! But seriously, we love to see movies. In our budget we have a “recreation” category.At the beginning of the month, when we are creating our budget , we legitimately look at fandango to see which movies are coming out that month and we create our recreation budget based off of that. We are awesome.
4. Monday night I got a little embarrassed of my obsession with Criminal Minds. I realized that I have seen nearly every episode…twice. I was flipping channels and got hopeful when I saw that a Criminal Minds marathon was on. I checked the info on the 6 episodes showing, and to my dismay and humiliation, I realized that I had seen every episode playing. I need an intervention. I love crime tv.
5. I just ordered an amazing print from sacred made shop. Seriously, I am counting down the days until it gets delivered. I have no idea where I am going to put it, but I like it so much I may consider redecorating until I find a spot.
6. If TBS ever stops showing Friends in the afternoon- I may spiral into a depression. Even though I have all the seasons on DVD, I still watch all of the commercials every afternoon. Did you hear about this awesome news? NBC Confirms Friends reunion! If this really happens I may have a panic attack. Someone please celebrate with me!
7. I finally decided that I had to start running again. I’ve begun bringing my running clothes with me and just going after work. If I come home I get sucked into a nap, or cleaning, or whatever else seems important at the moment (usually a nap). My goal next month is to run 100 miles for the first time in 2 years. Hopefully I can do it!
7. It is Wednesday, therefore, I am going to take my well-deserved mid week nap.